Wednesday, April 28, 2010

THIS WILL MAKE YOU ITCHY

I have recently found out that there are a lot of ticks in Switzerland, and all of central Europe.  The scary part is, 50-100 percent of them carry one of two diseases: TBE (tick born encephalitis) and Lyme's disease.  There is a vaccination you can get to protect yourself from TBE once you turn 6 and if you are not breastfeeding...so that covers Chris and Luke.  As I read more about it on the internet, my mind starts to replay how Luke, Isaac, and Levi love to roll around in the grass...and I think of how much they have been doing just that.  Heck, all of a sudden I think of the photo-ops Chris and I have tried to create, as we set our babies IN the grass, laying them on each other and rolling them through the thick, disease-infested tick habitat.  Great!  Another thing to keep me up at night worrying...looks like we can add tick checks to the nightly routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment