Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY

Mother's Day started with cuddles from all three boys in bed and the best french toast I've ever had, thanks to Chris.  As we were eating it, Isaac remarked, "how can we be eating Fwench toast in Switzewand?"  Good question, my little literalist.
After he cleaned up the dishes, Chris asked me what I wanted to do, so I replied, "take me to the mountains"!  And he did.  Chris drove the scenic route, and I couldn't help but ooohh and aaahhh over the spectacular views or stop myself from taking pictures out of the windshield.  We took a walk to a waterfall, and ate lunch at a restaurant nestled in the mountainside known for it's fine food (which Chris looked up).  We even enjoyed a beer with lunch.  We drove through the Klausen pass until we got stopped by a road block...too much snow and fallen rock at the top to go over the tippy top of the mountain, so we pulled over and ate some homemade chocolate chip cookies that I brought for dessert at the highest point that we could get to for the day.  There isn't a Mother's Day that I haven't enjoyed yet, but this one was especially wonderful.  Now that our family is complete, I had my first mother's day with all of my kids, and my first mother's day in the Swiss Alps.  We ended the day all huddled together on the couch, watching a movie on our laptop...starting and ending the day cuddled up with my boys with a trip to the mountains in between...what more could a mother want?!? 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds absolutely perfect! Kudos to Chris and the boys for making it wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete