Saturday, June 5, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!!



Isaac trying on armor on his birthday


Isaac turned 4 and I just can't believe how fast three happenedIt is interesting how my perspective of time and age changes with each childFor example, Luke always seems so old as he reaches new milestonesI remember his fourth birthday and how Chris and I felt like he was so old-a real kid vs toddlerBut with Isaac it's so much more obvious how young four still isThe other day Luke and I were playing "fighter pilot" on the couchesIsaac came in, hopped right up and joined in the actionAfter a few minutes, (in the midst of Luke's serious pursuit of the enemy) Isaac exclaimed, "look at that dragon", and lassoed the mythical creature with such enthusiasm I could almost see him myselfI'm really going to miss three...Isaac has boundless energy and such a vivid and innocent imaginationHe wakes up every morning with excitement for a new day the way three year olds doHe loves with all his might and never hesitates to tell it like it isHe is as feisty as he is cute, and I just hope I never forget what it feels like to have his tiny arms wrapped around my neck as he plants one of his self-coined "smackaroos" on my lips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment