Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A WINTER WONDERLAND

I have to say, after living in Atlanta for a few years, I really started to appreciate the warm temperatures year-round (with the exception of a couple of cold weeks a year), and even better, the lack of bundling and unbundling of boots, snow pants, hats, mittens, etc  x 3 for all of the running around we do in a day.  One consequence of the move I was dreading was definitely winter.  (the snow and ice, the bulky clothes, and the tracking mess in the apartment/car) But I have to say that I am really enjoying this winter!  For the first time in a long time, I am loving the shorter days.  By the time I pick up Isaac from school at 3:15, the late afternoon sun starts to fade into early twilight.  As I drive through the country, the narrow, plowed road lays before me over the snow covered hills like a dark ribbon on a white present.   Huge hawks soar in circles through my moon roof above, and by the time we drive home, the setting sun's glow illuminates the snowy, craggily alps with a soft golden light.  The sky looks periwinkle blue beyond the yellows and pinks, and I feel like I'm in the middle of a Christmas card.  Getting home to the apartment, the tree lights twinkle brighter as the darkness sets in.  Watching the lit train across the lake travel past all of the glowing lights of the villages on the other side looks like it's a miniature train set landscape coming to life off the pages of a story book.  What a great way to fall back in love with such a beautiful season.  Happy winter, everyone!  

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Courts Family!!!

    Huge Hugs,
    Selena, Kyle, Wyatt and Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Makes me smile, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete