Saturday, August 27, 2011

ALL THINGS SWISS

Ok, so I realize that I promised you a post on the extraordinary trip to Italy and Spain that Chris and I took--and that is coming--but first I just had to throw in this random little post.  I have referenced several times in this blog how precise the Swiss culture is.  They are punctual, proper, addicted to rules, and tidy to a tee.  One example of this is their flag.  The Swiss flag is square, not rectangular.  It's as if they are making the point that the only shape that could possibly be MORE tidy than a rectangle is the square--their square.  I'm clearly just speculating here, and could be (and likely am) totally wrong...I'm just saying....  
Another example of Swiss orderliness is found in their wood stacks.  Seriously.  There are stacks of wood in every size and length imaginable in this country, and every one is stacked as perfectly as wood could be.  They sort it by length and diameter.  On my way home tonight I couldn't help stopping to take some shots of these stacks.  I wonder if wood stacking is a part of the swiss academic curriculum?  


 But seriously, no matter how many cultural examples of swiss perfection I can poke fun at, they also have authentically perfect swiss beauty everywhere you look...like the view of the lake this morning.  (and their chocolate is pretty perfect too!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment