Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I LOVE MY HUSBAND...AND MY SISTERS!!!

Chris has to travel to the US and Korea for 2 weeks.  I have been so nervous about being here by myself, considering I have no support network developed yet.  I keep thinking, what if my car breaks down when I am picking up Isaac, and Luke is left by himself with no idea where I am when he gets home from school?  What if we have an emergency...how will I cart all three boys to the hospital by myself while managing the injury/injured one?  (and figure it all out in German)  More and more worrisome scenarios started springing into my brain each night (Levi cracking his chin on our tile floors, Luke wiping out on his bike and breaking his arm, Isaac falling from one of the dozens of apparatuses that he scales in a day) as we neared his departure date.  And then, Chris-my super thoughtful, awesome husband-took it upon himself to fly Lia here to hang out with me and help for the two weeks he would be away!  What an awesome guy!!!  And of course, what an awesome sister-to clear her schedule and come hang out in the Alps!!!  Turns out, the day before Chris left, and two days before Lia arrived, my car DID break down!  I got it to the dealer, and they told me I had a broken fuel pump.  In very broken english, the mechanic assured me that I would be ok to drive the car for the next week until my appointment to get it repaired.  I trusted him, and drove it apprehensively to the airport (with all three boys in tow) to get my sister.  On the way, I kept pushing thoughts out of my head, "what will I do if I break down on the interstate...who do I call?  How do I find the number?  What if they don't speak English?"...the car rumbled, grumbled, and stuttered, but we made it there and back!  Phew! ..oh yeah, and it is SO GOOD TO SEE LIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment