Monday, April 5, 2010

TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR WORDS

The drive to Isaac's school is through the countryside and it's stunning.  There are 3 horse farms that blanket the foothills of the alps, and  patchwork fields of bright and brighter greens where sheep graze and huge cows roam with bells ringing on their necks.  No wonder the milk is so good here…these are some happy cows.  The first few days I drove Isaac to school, it was cloudy and/or hazy.  On the first clear day, I drove up over the hill and the Alps were looming-huge, snowy, craggily mountains.  The sight literally took my breath away, and I gasped.  Gorgeous.  What is even better is that every day they look different.  The clouds patterns,  the light, the shadows.  We have a panoramic view of these spectacular mountains and as I drive him to school I have to pinch myself…I still can't believe I live here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment