Tuesday, May 18, 2010

PLEASE MAKE A U-TURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Where the heck am I going?  And why am I in this handbasket???  Navigating these narrow, windy, mountain roads with names as long as my arm would be impossible without Jane, our lovely navigation system voice with a British accent.  I think her favorite thing to say to us is, "Please make a U-turn as soon as possible".   You cannot believe how much more pleasant it is to hear her tell us these things than it is to hear me tell Chris such a direction when are left with a map and our own devices.  (and I am particularly directionally challenged) Maybe I should try using a British accent? Or, maybe not.  I cannot imagine how expats did this international move thing before the age of the internet and GPS systems.  Wow, now THEY were some brave pioneering spirits!

1 comment:

  1. Jodi your blog is so fun to read. Your perspective of your Swiss experience is priceless. I cherish the photos of all of you and enjoy the scenic and historical beauty of your adventures. Your energy is invigorating and your boundless love and positive approach to each new day and challenge is a joy to read.
    I loved all the entries and thank you for taking your precious time to share. Peace and love to you. Mom

    ReplyDelete